Are You Getting All Your Vitamins? How to Revamp Your Diet
Getting all the vitamins and nutrients you need each day is one of the most important things you can do to feel your best.
The good news is that you don’t need to devote hours each week to meal prep to ensure you’re healthfully getting essential vitamins. As you revamp your diet, here are a few things to keep in mind:
• Don’t follow fads: When it comes to your wellness, it’s best to rely on basic science, not the latest fad diets or sports drinks and supplements that rely on added sugars, fillers, preservatives, artificial flavors, sweeteners, dyes, and negatives. Look for products that transparently list all their ingredients.
• Drink your vitamins: Did you know that liquids are the most bioavailable form for your body to absorb nutrients? For complete health on-the-go, consider drinking your vitamins. One effective solution is Drink Nutrient, which offers single-serve stick packs that make it easy to get the nutrients and essential vitamins you need. Among its offerings is Vitamin Coffee, a natural health enhancer and energy booster made from 100 percent Colombian Arabica coffee that offers 50 percent of your daily essential vitamins in each serving. Served hot or cold, it’s a good choice for anyone who needs a caffeine boost without the crash. Or, to get 100 percent of your daily essential vitamins and 610 mg of electrolytes in one go, consider Vitamin Booster+, which contains real fruit juice and is only 15 calories per serving.
• De-stress: Too much stress can compromise your body’s ability to absorb nutrients. So, take steps to relax and unwind. Whether it’s through meditation, journaling, cooking or jogging — discover what hobbies and wellness activities help you reduce your stress levels and be sure to make time for them.
• Refuel wisely: If you hit the gym frequently, you likely have tried one or two sports drinks and know how important it is to refuel quickly and wisely after a workout. For optimal high performance, consider upgrading your drink of choice. For muscle repair, mental focus, 13 essential vitamins as well as double the electrolytes of leading sports drinks, Liquid Nutrient has a potassium-to-sodium ratio intended for high-quality hydration.
• Maximize meals: To maximize meals, make sure the bulk of the calories you consume are not “empty.” Empty calories, such as added sugars and solid fats, contain little to no nutritional value. Fill up on dark leafy vegetables, berries, nuts, seeds and good-for-you fats like avocado and salmon, while avoiding chips, cakes and other junk foods.
Don’t let your busy lifestyle get in the way of ensuring you’re getting all the nutrients you need to feel your best. With new tools, it is easier than ever to revamp your diet for optimal nutrition. (StatePoint)